- Space weather, interplanetary plasma, magnetic clouds.
- Ultra-energy astrophysics, Pierre Auger experiment.
- B.Sc. in Physics, 1967
- Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics, 1971
- Habilitation in Nuclear Physics, 1980
- University of Rome, Institute of Physics (during PhD).
- Max-Planck Institute of Astrophysics in Munich (during habilitation).
- Max-Planck Institute Heidelberg (during habilitation).
- Max-Planck Institute Lindau, collaboration with the "Interplanetary Space Group"
- Max-Planck Institute of Astrophysics in Munich (3)
- Max-Planck Institute Lindau(3).
- University of Kiel (1)
- Czech-Slovak Academy of Sciences (10 short-term visits).
- 141 peer-reviewed published articles in international journals and international conference proceedings.
- 4 monographs
- Planetary and Space Science reviewer (2004), NTUA "Lefkippos" reviewer (2005).