- Deputy Head of the Department of Economics / NKUA (1/09/2020-31/08/2024)
- Deputy Head of the temporary steering committee of the Dept. of Ports Management and Shipping / NKUA (2018 - March 2022)
- Director of the MSc Applied Risk Management / NKUA
- Director of the UoA Center for Financial Studies / NKUA
- Member (elected) of a Special Seven-Member Body of the Research and Management Committee of the Special Account of Research Grants, NKUA (1/04/2021 - )
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Company for the Development and Management of the Property of NKUA (31/08/2015 - 31/12/2022)
- Member/Deputy Chairman of the Hellenic Fiscal Council (14/03/2022 - )
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Economic Chamber of Greece
Representative of the School of Economics and Political Science of NKUA in the Coordination Committee of the Observatory for the monitoring of international rankings
Among other journals, his work appears in Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, International Review of Financial Analysis, The European Journal of Finance, Small Business Economics, International Journal of Finance and Economics, Economic Modelling, International Review of Economics and Finance, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Journal of Policy Modeling, International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Resources Policy, The Manchester School, Applied Financial Economics, Research in International Business and Finance, Finance Research Letters, Multinational Finance Journal, Journal of Economic Studies, Journal of Economics and Finance, Applied Economics Letters.
His research work has also been presented extensively in international academic conferences. He has served as a referee in several academic journals, and a member of editorial advisory boards of international academic journals.
He has an extensive experience in consulting, executive training and e-learning services in the areas of financial management, investments, financial derivatives, capital markets and corporate finance.
Research interests: Financial contagion; Emerging financial markets; SMEs; Alternative investments; Financial modelling; Quantitative easing; Risk management.
Scientific Editing of the Books:
Principles of Corporate Finance, Brealey-Myers-Allen (in Greek), New Edition (2016)
Investments, Bodie-Kane-Marcus (in Greek, 2014)
Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, Elton-Gruber-Brown-Goetzmann (in Greek), 2018
International Journal of Financial Engineering and Risk Management, Vol.3 No.2, 2019,
Special Issue on: Advances in Banking and Finance in the Post-Crisis Era
Guest Editors: Dimitris Kenourgios, George Dotsis and Apostolos Christopoulos
Edited book on “Recent Advances and Applications in Alternative Investments”, IGI Global, 2020
Guest Editors: Kostas Zopounidis, Dimitris Kenourgios, George Dotsis
Journal of Risk and Financial Management, Special Issue "Global Trends and Challenges in Economics and Finance", 2022-2023
Guest Editors: Apostolos Christopoulos, Dimitris Kenourgios, Ioannis Katsampoxakis