Hypertension Center STRIDE-7
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Medicine
Third Department of Medicine, Sotiria Hospital
152, Mesogion Avenue, Athens 11527, Greece
- Chairman, Hypertension Center STRIDE-7 (European Union), School of Medicine, Athens University - European Society of Hypertension (ESH) Excellence Center.
- Chairman, STRIDE BP International Organization on Blood Pressure (BP) Measurement Methodology and Technology (www.stridebp.org)
- International Society Hypertension (ISH) Council member.
- Chairman, European Society of Hypertension Working Group on BP Monitoring & Cardiovascular Variability.
- World Hypertension League (WHL) Special Envoy for BP Measurement.
- International Pediatric Hypertension Association (IPHA) Executive Committee member.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Committee Member on BP monitoring equipment.
- Member of European Commission Scientific Committee SCENIHR on Sphygmomanometers.
- Elected Fellow Royal College of Physicians (FRCP), Glasgow, UK.
- European Society of Hypertension ‘Peter Sleight’ Award for outstanding contribution in research, education, and leadership in hypertension.
- Past President Hellenic Society of Hypertension. Chaired hypertension guidelines and pediatric hypertension guidelines writing committees. Founded the ‘School of Hypertension’.
- Invited speaker at Hypertension Societies’ meetings (European, International, Australian, Belgian, Canadian, Chinese, Danish, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Spanish; >100 lectures).
- European Society of Hypertension Guidelines writing committee member for Ambulatory, Home, Clinic blood pressure methodology; Pediatric hypertension; Hypertension Clinic set-up; Blood pressure monitors validation; Professional BP monitors requirements.
- Editorial board member: 11 PubMed journals. Reviewer: 58 PubMed journals; Br Med J Publishing Group; McMaster University's Health Information Research; European Research Council; 24 meetings of European and International Society of Hypertension.
- Member of ESH, ISH, American Society of Hypertension.
- Research work focused on blood pressure monitoring methodology and technology; White-coat hypertension; Masked hypertension; Hypertension epidemiology and control; Pediatric hypertension; Antihypertensive drug action.
- Authored >320 PubMed articles; Presented >300 papers; Supervised 25 MD theses.
- h-index 65; Citations 30,000 including citations in Hypertension Societies’ guidelines (European, International, American, British, Canadian, Australian, Japanese).